Saturday, April 30, 2011

Whirlwind of a Week


With papers, quizzes, schedule planning, and approaching finals, perhaps this wasn't the best timing to start a blog...

Nonetheless! I still managed to whip up a delicious & nutritious organic meal this Wednesday. The meal was inspired by a staple dish that I had growing up:
Spaghetti squash.

The full menu included an arugula salad with apples, garlic butter bread, spaghetti squash, tomato sauce, and a brownie pie. But of course, the healthy highlight of the meal was surely the squash!

the layout







I started by preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
I cut the squash in half and proceeded to scrape out the seeds with a spoon.

I brushed the inside of the squash with olive oil, then sprinkling it with salt and pepper.











I placed the squash face down a baking sheet and baked it for approximately 45 minutes, until tender.









After I pulled the squash out of the oven, I let it cool for a bit. Then I scraped the inside with a fork and it easily gave way into spaghetti form.
And that's it! What a healthy alternative to pasta!




Final outcome?

A seriously scrumptious, healthy, cheap, & quick meal that I will be making often on weeknights!

No comments:

Post a Comment