Wednesday, May 25, 2011

There's No Place Like Home...

Hello Kansas!

Last weekend, I drove the 24 hour drive from Manhattan to Wichita.
Woohwee! What a trip! But boy oh boy am I glad to be home.


I suppose I just missed nature too much..


Nonetheless, I definitely do miss the perks of New York City.
Like living steps away from the Union Square Greenmarket where there are nearly 140 sellers of fish, breads, honeys, veggies, and fruits.

Today, I went to the Andover Central Park Farmers Market, which is located 5 minutes from my house by car. Though the quality of the market was excellent, the quantity..eh...there were three stands.


Toto, I don't think we're in Manhattan anymore...
New location, new challenges!


I won't give up hope.
There are many more farmers markets in Wichita that I plan to explore. And if local produce doesn't work out, there is also the locally owned healthy grocer Green Acres.
So, plan on a new organic cooking experience to be posted soon!


1 comment:

  1. So maybe you can consult the Wichita farmer's market folks on how to make their marketplace more plentiful!
    love it!
    Nat

    ReplyDelete