Friday, May 27, 2011

Good Karma



Let me start by saying..
I LOVE GREEN ACRES!


Now, I'll explain--

Yesterday, I went to Green Acres to to shop for the ingredients in my key lime pie (post coming soon). Since I brought my own reusable shopping bag, I was asked if I wanted to enter a contest for a full bag of groceries and a $10 gift certificate. Of course, I jumped on that as quick as lightning! I mean, I never thought I'd win...

But guess what...
I won!

This started to make me wonder...how truly crucial is the usage of reusable bags? I enjoy using them because I love the variety of bags! It's easy to have fun with it.
But I never really understood the impact of single-use plastic bags until now!

Did you know?--
Every year, the U.S. goes through 100 billion single-use plastic bags a year!
&
Plastic bags are the second most common type of ocean refuse next to cigarette butts!
&
Plastic bags are not biodegradable, so they become a toxic threat to soil, waterways, and animals!
(All according to reuseit.com)


Like with so many things, it is easy to constantly consume and toss bags, but it is not sustainable for the environment and planet. By simply keeping reusable bags in the car or next to the door, each of us can make an impact (and maybe even win a contest)!

Join the reusable revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment