Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chicken Two Ways

Hello, I'm back!
...back to New York City, back to Morganic, and back to reality.

I have several perfectly good excuses for being so spotty when it comes to sharing my {M}organic experiences... One of which is that I've been stuck in an apartment that my landlord kindly informed me is the size of his bathroom... but only temporarily ! Thank goodness.


However, I have chosen to share with you my favorite discovery of the summer:


This cookbook is perfect for those teaching themselves how to cook {as I certainly am}.
& ..cheesy alert.. There's always more to learn! 

Each recipe is accompanied with a series of pictures showing exactly how to do every single step. It's a book meets blog experience! Completely awesome.

I've made so many fabulous dishes from this book, but my two favs were a convenient duo of chicken breast quick dinners--


Soooo. As the story goes, I bought 4 chicken breasts since there were currently 4 familia member living in the household. But, of course, my bro and pops were busy.... Mom & daughter double nighter!


First night (mom's favorite)-- Cajun Chicken with Pineapple Salsa.





Second night (my favorite)-- Stuffed Chicken Breast wrapped in Bacon



Both were totally affordable, totally delicious, yet totally different!

The first, extremely flavorful and fresh. The second, rich and hearty (plus, made me obsessed with rosemary).
If you're cooking for two and like a scrumptious food--try this duo!!



As for me... I am now officially taking a Food Studies class-- so my relationship with food will continue to evolve... & guess what! It'll all be recorded right here. 
So stick around. I might even be able to relay some of the tricks of the trade I learn 
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment