Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bake Sale Bliss


So. I need a kitty in my life.
I'm not entering the whole dog/cat which is the better pet argument.
I love my puppy.
Here's my puppy, Ollie.
Come on. He's so freakin cute. 
But picking up his shit on the sidewalks of New York @ 7 AM? Not so cute...
I'll continue to send love to him in Kansas.

SO I might start tweeting/status-ing/blogging/complaining about needing a kitty like...obsessively.
Instead of getting annoyed with this, why don't you help me come up with a name!
I want him to be grey. I want his name to connote food. ...because I love food...

Here's my ideas thus far:
Rosemary
Peaches
Flapjack

So maybe leave a comment with a name? I don't even have to know you. Just close your eyes and imagine calling the cutest little kitty ever, then type down whatever you called him in your awesome 5 second imagination time andddd submit. HELP ME. please.

BAKED GOODS TIME.
This day, last week I was doing something semi-admirable. I baked for a bake sale & all the proceeds went to the System Fibrosis Foundation. 
Yeah. Pat on the back for Morgan.
Double pat actually. 
You know why?
Because BAM! These sold out in the first 45 minutes! What?

You're right, I didn't come up with this recipe either.
This is turning into a blog where I just try out other peoples recipes...
Whatever!
Joy the Baker is the best friend I never had. & this recipe is decadent heaven.

Real Talk.
I'm here to talk to you about this recipe.
Not as aesthetically appealing...but what is?
I didn't make it home with any of these heavenly blondes from the bake sale... So I made another batch for just me and my boy that evening. 
True life: I like being in the company of butter, flour, & sugar.

It's a Martha Stewart recipe. I only tweaked it a little bit.
But I'm going to step-by-step you through it anyway!

Ingredients: 8 tablespoons of soft butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts...that's it! 
(you know you have all these ingredients in your pantry, begging to be combined & baked with love. just go with it.)

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees...duh! Grab your 8x8 pan & grease it up realll good with butter. *tip-- I like to glob some super soft butter on the pan and smear it around with a paper towel* Then place a baking sheet on the bottom and 2 inches peaking up on each side. Butter this baking sheet up too.
2) Whisk together butter & sugars. This might be a task. But you'll get through it. When it's smooth, whisk in the egg & vanilla. Fold in the most of the chocolate chips & all the walnuts (save however many chips you like for the top).
3) Pour this mixture (which is ultra thick & scrumptious) into the pan and spread evenly. Then go crazy (or quite conservatively, like moi) with the choco. chips on the top!

4) Bake this for 25-30 minutes! Do not, DO NOT, follow Martha's advice. Martha, if you're reading, please change that. Merci beaucoup.

5) Pull out. Let cool. Dig in.

Try not to eat the whole thing. Or do. Whatevs. It'll make you happy.
Yeah I said it!! Stop denying it, baked goods make you happy.
Eeeespecially these blondies.
YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment